Do you want to utilize the cutting-edge AI & big data technologies for rapidly growing online advertising? How about working in the beautiful Microsoft campus right in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the most innovative MSFT R&D centers in the world? Then come to join our Bing Ads Team in Sunnyvale California! We are looking for a Junior/Senior Software Engineer for developing global scale infrastructure for our Bing Ads online serving and Big data computing infrastructure. This position is a hands-on development role and requires Bachelor/Master degree in computer science or equivalent industry experiences.
- Develop & Operate - Bing Merchant Center, Hotel Ads Center, and Brand Product Graph UI and API infrastructure.
- Required C#, ASP.NET, and SQL development skills. MVC, Azure, multi-tier architecture, and database knowledge.
- Develop & Operate the Product Ads, Hotel Ads, and Brand Product Graph streaming and offline big data processing infrastructure.
- Required C#, SQL, & workflow development skills. Streaming, Hadoop, Big data processing, and analytic knowledge.
- MS in computer science or equivalent degree/industry experience.
- B.S. in computer science with 3 years of progressive, post baccalaureate software development experience formulating and analyzing software requirements.
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experiences in C++ or Java/C#.
- Strong understanding of OOD, data structure, and algorithm.
- Experience working with one or more of the following technologies: .NET, Java, Hadoop, Python, PowerShell, Grid computing, SQL, Data mining, ASP.NET, Database
- Good understanding of the software development cycle and Agile development practice.
- Proven experience in grid computing and large scale distributed systems/services deployment and operation. * Practical experiences in Big data processing.
- Passion for solving complex and interest problems.
- Fast learner and ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once.
- Strong writing, communication, and coordination skills.
- Clear thinker in solving complex problems.
Desirable Job Qualifications
- Hands-on experiences in Search and Display Advertising systems design, development, and operation.
- Practical experiences in ads selection and ranking system algorithm design and implementation.
- Practical experience in information retrieval and machine learning.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.