Higginbotham Brothers began in late 1880 when JM Higginbotham along with his family moved from Water Valley, Mississippi to the Dublin, TX. According to recorded documents, the trees were just being cleared for the town-site and the Central Texas Railroad had just made its advent in the area, when two brothers decided to open a General Mercantile in Deleon, TX. Higginbotham Brothers today operates 37 locations within Texas. Through the years, many components of the business have changed. We’ve replaced dry goods with a notable hardware department, Lumber and Building Materials.
Hardware Store Manager Summary:
- Manage Store to optimize sales and profitability and to satisfy Customer Store needs.
- Provide customers with a shopping atmosphere that is well maintained, clean, organized and safe.
Hardware Store Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing monthly, quarterly and annual plans in conjunction with Regional Manager and headquarters to meet Company goals for operations and profitability.
- Recruit, direct, and motivate employees to attain goals.
- Ensures quality customer service through personal interaction with contractor and retail customers.
- Trains subordinate staff to provide quality customer service.
- Resolves customer complaints.
- Manages merchandise levels by ensuring that the proper ordering, receiving, pricing and merchandise procedures are followed.
- Oversees store and yard operations through regular inspections of sales floor and yard to ensure completion of daily opening and closing procedures, project completion, good housekeeping, inventory control, merchandising and customer service.
- Monitors credit for all new and current Customers including changes to accounts and involvement in collection.
- Communicates with Credit Manager regarding any credit problems.
- Conducts in-store/yard training sessions as required.
- Ensure proper management implementation of training for all delivery drivers.
- Responsible for tracking all training to ensure promptness in delivery of training.
- Structures programs to motivate sales employees and encourage customers to purchase increasing levels of merchandise.
- Reports market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive price lists and products.
- Makes product recommendations for inclusion in product line.
- Assists with managing Human Resources activities and payroll.
- Manages work schedule planning to meet coverage needs and labor goals.
- Opens and closes store as required.
- Manages employees, assets and inventory to achieve goals.
- Ensures the fleet is appropriately managed.
- Attends and participates in all store meetings and company-sponsored management programs as required.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with control and audit systems that result in a safe, productive and profitable operation.
- Communicates and educates employees to follow procedures necessary for store operations.
- Compile and process accurate and timely records and reports.
- Works through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
- Actively works to assure the safety and well being of employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Follow any and all Company policies
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- 2+ years of hardware store experience required
- 1+ years of hardware store management experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales, Customer Service, and training skills are necessary.
- Strong knowledge of building materials (especially hardlines) products (Required)
- Knowledge of lumber is (Desirable).
- Ability to operate computer equipment and programs (Required)
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Valid Drivers license (Required)
Indeed Hire and Higginbotham Bros. & Co. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- hardware store: 2 years (Required)
- hardware store management: 1 year (Required)