Berg Pipe is one of the leading manufacturers of large-diameter line pipe in North America. We are a mid-sized manufacturer, with three U.S. locations who specializes in pipe production for the oil and gas sector.
Berg Pipe is looking to hire a Business and Risk Analyst for our Panama City, Florida location. The Risk Manager and Business Analyst will have the responsibility for preparation of mill business planning, analysis of operations, analysis of cost standards and actual cost rates, analysis, reporting, planning of project order profits, and risk management for BEHC.
Overview of position:
1. Risk Management
- Direct, plan and communicate the risk management program to identify, assess and manage business risks. This will be accomplished by spearheading risk awareness within the finance department and through participation in monthly risk managed calls, preparing monthly reviews and reports, and specifically prepare specialize risk management reports.
- Coordinate with Europipe’s Controlling Department to ensure transparency and best practices
- Manage Insurance Policies
2. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Manage Berg’s cost accounting system (standard costing) to ensure bids are accurate, competitive, and results are tracked and analyzed. Review monthly deviations articulate the reasons for those deviations
- Production Order Analysis and Reporting
- Manage the monthly cost review processes to support the cost center managers in deviation analysis, cost metric evaluation, cost reduction opportunities and to maintain appropriate controls on costs
- Assist in Financial Planning
- Prepare the monthly close end and consolidation of financial statements for all Berg subsidiaries for presentation to shareholders by preparing the monthly Financial Report.
- Assist with the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Oversee various reports to Europipe.
- Support treasury responsibilities.
- Bank reporting, borrowing base and covenants compliance.
3. Corporate Development and Strategy
- Support the development of detailed analyses covering the strategic and financial evaluation of new investment opportunities, including the preparation of investment memos, summaries and presentations for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Commerce/Governmental Reporting (monthly/quarterly/annually).
- Support in trade related activities.
4. Special projects
- Prepare analysis and presentations in support of quarterly forecasts, board meetings, shareholder meetings, and senior leadership meetings.
- Complete various ad hoc analysis for the CEO and CFO.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Experience with SAP FI/CO.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- CPA license.
- Experience in the pipe or steel manufacturing industry.
Berg Pipe provides a very attractive compensation package which includes competitive salary, bonus, profit sharing, option of company paid health insurance, dental, vision, paid time-off, 401(k) program with 5% employer match, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (MFDV) and a Drug Free Work Place.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Powerpoint: 1 year (Preferred)