: United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position : Yes
Relocation Assistance : No relocation assistance available
Pipe threading machines, radiac and power saw, pedestal and portable grinders, pipe bender, tubing bender, cutter and flaring tools. Pneumatic, electric and hydraulic tools. Hand tools such as wrenches, hammers, files, hack saw, Ferulset tool, squares, tape, level, vice. Shields, safety glasses, gloves, etc.
The following are the usual major job duties but this description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate for the assignment:
1. Receive work assignment from supervision.
2. Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI package including drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
3. Assemble, level and fit preformed and straight pipe, flanges, fittings, valves and hardware where parts, locations and methods are established.
4. Measure, cut and thread tubing and piping according to detail drawings and information.
5. Measure, cut and bend by hand tubing to detailed drawings and information or from preformed sample.
6. Load, operate, and unload pipe benders to bend pipe to specification where layout of piping and setup of machine stops and locating fixtures has already been completed.
7. Clean piping and tubing arrangements for welding.
8. Make proper time charge entries and record data as required..
9. Identify parts in accordance with method specified.
10.Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
11.Perform other work of equal or lower classification as required.
This is Union represented position
Experienced with basic shop measuring tools. Ability to accurately use trigonometric and geometric functions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.