CMI/Cal Cartage is seeking an area General Manager (Transportation/Operations) in the Chicagoland area (office in Joliet, IL). We specialize in international and intermodal drayage services and are seeking an entrepreneurial spirit to help us grow our business in the Midwest.
The General Manager will be responsible for the development, growth, and overall profitability of the division they oversee as well as the management of all team members. Will assist in planning, process development, administrative and operational start-up, recruiting/hiring employees and contractors, bringing on new business and ensuring service levels to customers are achieved.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with mid to senior level experience looking for the next step in their career and experience in all facets of the terminal and drayage industry.
- Manage day to day operations and customer expectation/requirements to ensure commitments are met/exceeded.
- Help plan capacity and forecast to ensure proper utilization of resources.
- Review and analyze expenditures, financial, and operational reports to determine requirements for increasing profits and improving processes
- Provide market expertise and information to assist in the overall growth and profitability of the division
- Recruit/Hire owner/operator partners and employee drivers.
- Direct management of terminal staff, drivers and vendors
- Perform administrative duties to ensure the terminal complies with all company guideline and procedures
- Enforce compliance of all company policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations.
- This position will report to the regional VP and is responsible for management of all P&L functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years experience in the transportation industry – ideally in intermodal drayage or international ocean shipping
- Strong communication and resolution skills
- Experience in managing others
- Ability to multi-task and maintain goal timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter willing to quickly adapt, prioritize, and organize. Ability to manage a process from start to finish
- Proficient in computers and ability to utilize various information systems
This position is for our CMI/Cal Cartage business.
- Base salary commensurate with experience ($85K - $110K) with bonus potential tied to performance and growth of division.
- Full medical and dental insurance
- Car allowance
- Participation in company retirement plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.