Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Industrial Hygienist opportunities for our customerin Paducah, KY for the Paducah Deactivation and Remediation Project.
Position Title: Industrial Hygienist II, III, Senior
Number of Positions: 2 to 3
Work Location: Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant - Paducah, KY
Under general supervision, performs tasks within the industrial and hygiene job functions as assigned by management. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Participates in monitoring the company's health standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; evaluates and interprets current regulations and assists in compliance
- Proficient in most standard Industrial Hygiene tasks
- May provide leadership to less experienced industrial hygienists and technicians
- May act as lead person or technical expert on small projects
- Performs tasks according to detailed instructions and established procedures
- Assists others in developing and implementing programs for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards in project work areas
- Maintains data in various data capture systems
- Assists in generating reports, charts and spreadsheets as needed
- Provides technical, administrative and/or functional support to the Industrial Hygiene team
- Perform duties general/routine to moderately complex in nature
- Other job related duties as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups
- BA/BS degree in a related field and 3 to 10+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Radiological training is required
- Intermediate to Expert PC skills including Microsoft software
- Strong understanding of federal and state policies and regulations, project policies and requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
- Ability to carry several instruments/equipment or tools while walking extensively. Potential prolonged walking/standing, repeated pushing/pulling.
- Ability to perform medium to very heavy work, exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, non- repetitive, up to 50 pounds of force frequently (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), and/or more than 20 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
- Ability to work in confined areas, tanks, heat stress conditions, high noise and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
- Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
- May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
- The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
- This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $75.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- industrial hygiene: 3 years (Required)