The starting hiring range is $20.07 to $35.65 an hour.
The City endeavors to maintain leading-edge technology while providing cost effective IT services. As part of the Information Technology Department, the Sr. Technical Support Specialist provides Tier I, II, and III computer support and may be asked to serve as a project team lead and/or service desk lead. This position reports to the IT Operations Manager and duties are performed under his/her general direction.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Provides proactive technical and administrative leadership in computer selection, configuration, performance optimization, maintenance, asset management, and capacity planning for an environment consisting of the following major components:
Desktop and Mobile security solutions;
End-user communication and collaboration tools;
Personal computers and mobile devices;
Productivity suites and other applications;
Remote access solutions (VPN and mobile VPS);
Provides Tier I, II, and III computer support;
Assists with device deployments and software upgrades;
Serves as project team lead and/or service desk lead, as assigned;
Identifies and recommends process and procedure improvements;
Uses productivity suites, end-user security solutions and related enterprise level tools effectively;
Works closely and effectively with co-workers, managers, customers and consultants to help meet short term and long term customer needs;
Serves as a consultant to internal and external resources;
Develops and maintains operational documentation;
Remains knowledgeable about emerging technologies;
Performs other duties as assigned;
Reports to the IT Operations Manager.
Education, Experience and Skills: Minimum Qualifications:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or technical school with an Associate's Degree in a computer technology related subject area.
- Must have at least three years of service desk experience;
- Must have an in depth knowledge of personal computers, mobile devices, and associated systems and processes, and demonstrable expertise in device deployment.
- Working in an enterprise level service desk environment with 200+ users is highly preferred;
- Experience with enterprise level end-user tools/systems such as Microsoft SCCM is highly preferred;
- Experience resolving Tier I network and server related issues is highly preferred.
Basic project management skills and ability to accurately interpret requirements, analyze data, reason logically, exercise sound judgment, and develop effective solutions to problems are required.
Physical Conditions & Work Contacts:
Prolonged periods of computer display exposure; Occasional travel required to attend trainings and conferences; Flexible work schedule.