CompassMSP has been providing high-quality technology solutions designed to solve complex business issues since 2002. We offer a full range of secure IT services including managed IT, cybersecurity, data center, and hosting services. We are a fast growing company and currently have an opening for a Talented and Friendly Senior Engineer in our Jacksonville Florida location.
CompassMSP is looking to add a great consultant to our growing family. This position is for a technology consultant to support the network, applications, and users for managed clients. An ideal candidate will have real-world experience providing technology leadership and direct support to businesses. The ability to both design and implement solutions based on a business’s needs is critical.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide escalated support from junior engineers and service desk personnel to solve challenging tickets and ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide direct end-user support for client issues by troubleshooting and applying knowledge via helpdesk calls, service board tickets and email requests
- Perform maintenance, installations, and upgrades to clients’ local, wide, wired and wireless area computer network. Install and test network servers, operating system software, routers, switches, email accounts, set up laptops/desktops, and migrate clients into the cloud and other related network components/equipment
- Plan and implement technology upgrades and re-architecture from traditional client-server deployment to cloud or hybrid environments.
- Perform network monitoring diagnostics, proactive and preventative maintenance to ensure that network systems are operational and running at peak performance
- Maintain proper documentation of systems, licensing, applications, and network topology for clients.
- Record and document work completed and in-progress; assist in updating network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Travel to and from clients work sites with personal vehicle
- After hours support rotation
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for day-to-day activities
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of rapidly changing computer network technology.
- Design, implementation and management of Azure AD, 365, and IaaS, SaaS components.
- VMware and Veeam Implementation and Administration
- Perform network management activities to include, but not limited to
- Active Directory
- Domain Name Server (DNS) services
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Disk space allocation
- Wireless access privileges
- Network performance monitoring systems * Create policies and procedures
- Configure and support Sonicwall firewalls, and implement layer 3 routing and VLAN segmentation
- Microsoft SharePoint implementation and administration
- Microsoft SQL Server implementation and administration
- Mentorship of Junior Engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5-7 years of strategic IT engineering experience.
- Solid hands-on experience in client environments with defined upgrades and deployments
- Can participate in on-call and after-hours support
- Can write clear and concise documentation of what you did during a repair or implementation that is both understandable to a client and other engineers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and can manage yourself with minimal oversight
- Have reliable transportation, as you will be going onsite for client repairs and implementations
The individual must possess the willingness to continually gain knowledge of new technology and use cases.
Must be fluent in English, possess knowledge of technical terms in the information technology industry, and be able to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely with a diverse group of people who may not know technical terms.
Must be able to perform basic and algebraic functions by hand and have a grasp of how those functions may be performed on a computer.
Must be able to analyze a problem and troubleshoot to find resolution in a quick and systematic manner.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft; VMware VCP, VTSP, VSP; Sonicwall Firewalls; Veeam
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Normal requirements are the ability to sit at a desk, use a computer and be familiar with the inner workings of all departments. Strenuous physical exertion will be limited, provided the employee possesses the ability to perform such a task. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours required are 8:00AM-5:30PM.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Network Engineer: 3 years (Required)
- after hours & on-call support: 1 year (Required)
- IT project management: 1 year (Required)
- hands-on experience in client environments: 3 years (Required)
- IT troubleshooting and root cause analysis: 2 years (Required)
- hands-on firewall, network, server upgrade: 3 years (Required)
- Office 365 migration: 1 year (Required)
- Jacksonville, FL (Required)
- Microsoft, VMware VCP, VTSP, VSP, Sonicwall Firewalls, Veeam (Preferred)