Per Diem Recreation Assistant, varying hours and shifts.
Working in the Activity Department leading and assisting with programs set up by the director as well as transporting residents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead activity programs with/without the supervision of the Activity Director
- Set-up, prepare, and decorate for scheduled programs as needed.
- Suggest new techniques in motivation and participation of residents.
- Properly document activities in the attendance book in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate genuine concern for the mental, social, and emotional well-being of ALL residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in activities as appropriate.
- Ensure that residents have activities to occupy their leisure time.
- Perform duties as requested by the Activities Director.
- Understand and comply with ALL health care facility policies.
High School Diploma, G.E.D., or actively seeking geriatric population. Good organizational skills. Must be patient, tactful, creative, enthusiastic, and have a cheerful disposition with the ability to interact with residents at their current functioning level. Must have a valid State of CT Driver's License. Acute communication skills and the ability to push a wheelchair, wheel a cart weighing a minimum of 200 lbs. Ability to stand and walk most of the day inside and outside the building.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled