Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq:
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.
WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
is present in more than 25* countries
employs more than 440,000* people
has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in financial/operational auditing or information technology auditing.
Experience working with internal control concepts (risk and control).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes.
- Experience in the Retail, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or Distribution industry.
- Experience working with statistical sampling procedures.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, or regulations.
- Experience working with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.