ARE YOU READY TO WORK AT Mitsubishi Chemical Group?
· Want to work for a global leader in the design, development and manufacture acrylic products that is continuously innovating?
· Are you great at time management and problem-solving skills?
· Do you have 15+ years’ experience as a Project Construction Manager?
If so, nice to meet you!Mitsubishi Chemical is seeking a Project Construction Manager to join a team committed to excellence, continuous improvement and driving sustainable business results. The successful Manager will provide construction leadership within the project management team for a new greenfield major project (>$2Bn TIC) to be built in Louisiana USA. The Project Construction Manager is responsible for ensuring the project is properly planned and safely executed to budget in accordance with the project schedule during all phases of the project’s development. The Project Construction Manager will lead an integrated Construction Management team and will ensure that the construction activities are executed in compliance with the USA Federal and Louisiana state construction laws and regulation. The Construction Manager will provide direction and guidance to the Construction contractor and will manage a team of construction professionals to undertake Early Works Construction, Main Site Works Construction as well as an International Module Fabrication Yard. Come be a part of this dynamic team!!
Who Are We...
The Americas division of Mitsubishi Chemicals’ global MMA business domain. Mitsubishi Chemical, the 5th largest chemical company in the world, is the world leader in the manufacture and supply of acrylic monomer, serving a broad base of downstream applications ranging from architectural and automotive coatings to acrylic sheet applications, to specialty moldings that serve a variety of industries such as electronics and health care. Mitsubishi Chemical is the only producer that owns and operates all three technical routes to acrylic monomer to accommodate C2, C3, and C4 based feedstocks. Our talented people are the energy and driving force behind a dynamic business that supplies a range of growing sectors and geographic markets in EAME, The Americas and Asia.
What You Will Do...
· Act as the Clients Construction Representative on all construction matters and provide technical expertise to the project delivery strategy, project programme, and support the main contractor.
· Provide leadership of the Construction Management Team (CMT) ensuring a world class SHE and Quality performance is delivered at all stages during the project.
· Ensure the construction contractors have adequate and suitably qualified staff to undertake the management of construction
· Ensure that during design development the Constructability Methodology is fully considered, bringing construction knowledge and experience to all stages of the project. This will involve input to several Constructability, Modularization and Haz-con reviews throughout the design phase.
· Working in consultation with the respective Project Managers, contribute to the early development of overall construction management plans.
· Assume functional responsibility for Construction Management for all construction and activities
· Be responsible for evaluation of sub-contractor, vendor, and supplier capability
· Provide assessment of the global module fabricators capabilities
· Ensure a fully detailed construction schedule is prepared which clearly defines the “Path of Construction” and is linked to activities in engineering, procurement, and commissioning.
· Input into the project construction execution strategy including the consideration of the insourcing/outsourcing, commercial strategy (reimbursable, firm price, unit rate etc.)
· Ensure the Contractor fully develops the temporary construction services plan.
· Ensure the main contractor produces satisfactory enquiries for construction sub-contractors
· Ensure the formal and administrative procedure are in place for the handover acceptance of the plant to the Mitsubishi Commissioning Team
· Ensure that suitable means of reporting progress are established for the construction phase and the report accurately reflects the actual status.
· Responsible for productivity, monitoring, and delivery of work.
· Through the ownership of job methods, procedures, and work execution processes
· Ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of construction management systems and processes, including reviews, audits, and improvement of construction activities
· Manage the mobilization and de-mobilization of construction contractor / sub-contractors on site.
· Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimizing delays and claims for variations.
· Oversight of project cost activities, including forecasting, invoicing review, and recommendations for approval
· Monitor any industrial Relations issues that arise on the Construction Site and ensure they are handled and resolved with due regard
What You Will Have...
· Be highly motivated, innovative, adaptable and have a very high concern for ethical and business standards.
· Previously held the role of Construction Manager with at least 15+ years working on major projects particularly in the chemical, petrochemical or oil and gas projects, including front-end, detailed design and construction phases including handover to operations.
· You will be an experienced construction professional and have produced and implementing construction execution plans on previous large-scale projects.
· Knowledge and experience of Modularization and Advanced Work Packaging techniques are essential.
· Demonstrate leadership qualities, strong people management skills and interpersonal awareness coupled with good communication, influencing and able to build and maintaining internal and external relationships
· Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the safety and quality expectation
· Must have previous experience with writing and approving safety work permits
· The project will be constructed on a new site located on the USGC region, but earlier phases of design, procurement and fabrication will take place in multiple global locations (US, UK & Asia). The job holder must be prepared to undertake national and international travel during the course of the project.
· You must have unrestricted USA (or UK) working rights to be eligible to apply
What You Will Get…
· Competitive compensation package
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
· Tuition Reimbursement
· 401(k) with a generous match and much more!
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not a pay a fee for resumes submitted.
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation values diversity in the workplace, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $180,200.00 - $254,400.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health savings account
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Remote