Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department Name- Engineering Maintenance
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Performs work assigned by Supervisor from drawings, sketches, verbal instructions or from work (repair) request on file
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operates, maintains and performs minor repairs to electrical equipment, lighting, alarm and HVAC intercom equipment using appropriate tools and testing equipment
- Periodically checks and tests emergency equipment; cleans motor controls, contactors, motors etc
- Reads and interprets blueprints while performing duties
- Maintains necessary records as required
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment and machines
- May be required to answer telephones and relay messages at irregular intervals when other personnel are not available
- Performs general maintenance and repair work as assigned or directed
- Changes filters, cleans units and maintains logs
- Reads control diagrams
- Replaces control valves, thermostats and other parts of control systems
- Operates boilers if necessary
- Attends to requests for service adjustments and other trouble calls
E*ducation Requirements: *
High School or trade Vocational School diploma required or completion of a training program recognized by B.I.M.C..
Must have a minimum of 5 years related experience.
Licensing and Certification Requirements (if applicable)
Must possess or be able to obtain all certificates or licenses as may be required by Federal, State or Local codes. Specifically, but not limited to F.D.N.Y. certificate of fitness for standpipe, sprinkler, interior fire alarms, oxygen and E.P.A. air pollution certificate. F.D.N.Y. Low psi oil burner certificate desirable though not necessary.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.76 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What certifications have you obtained?
- Are you able to work Days (7am-3pm), Evenings (3pm-11pm) or both?
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location