Job Category: Java Software Engineer
Position Title: Software Programmer 3
Location: Chantilly, VA
POSITION of TRUST/SUITABILITY REQUIREMENT:
Please be aware that this position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check.
- Support the development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts for web-based software development projects using Oracle and Java technologies.
- Experience with the complete software development life-cycle (SDLC) process.
- Analyze existing systems and interact with system users to understand the existing functionality and their new requirements.
- Create design documents, technical specifications, and program specifications.
- Design, develop, implement, and test the new system as per the approved specifications.
- Create and maintain complex PL/SQL packages spanning multiple schemas.
- Maintain the existing applications and enhance the system as per client requirements.
- Conduct Oracle database upgrade.
- Modify existing batches to incorporate new functionalities.
- Create Java web services and Java EAR files and integrate it with existing Oracle packages.
- Analyze system issues and devise and execute remediation plans.
- Perform code reviews and bug fixing.
- Conduct performance tuning of existing queries and packages.
- Comply with all required standards and processes and devise approach to ensure compliance across the team.
- Provide complete technical and maintenance support to the systems.
- Run the assigned projects single handedly as well as working as a team.
- Provide round the clock support as needed for the assigned tasks.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
- 5+ years' experience developing and supporting Java/Oracle applications
- Ability to support Requirements Analysis
- Ability to support Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates for software business needs/requirements.
- Advanced programming skills in J2EE technology, such as JNDI, JMS, RMI, JNDI, XML, XSL, XSL-FO and JDBC.
- Significant working knowledge with the following platforms: JAVA/IBM Websphere/Oracle.
- Advanced working skills in programming with ANSI SQL for Oracle Database.
- Advanced knowledge of Http, SSL, TCP/IP, CCS and Document formatting
- Solid working experience with high volume internet/eCommerce applications.
- Knowledge of Unix Operating System and Utilities
- Ability to provide debugging and code analysis support
- Ability to support implementation of application software releases and other related activities
- Knowledge to perform knowledge transfer and walkthrough
- Ability to troubleshoot production problems
TRAVEL REQUIRED: N/A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: N/A
- Experience to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
- Ability to adhere to client development standards and SOX compliance
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please go tohttp://www.salientcrgt.com/careers/*to apply.*
Salient CRGT (Salient) is a leading provider of information technology, engineering and intelligence analysis services to agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, and cyber domains.
Salient is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.Salient prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.Salient also participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about theE-Verify Program.
For more information on Salient CRGT please visit us atwww.SalientCRGT.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- J2EE: 5 years
- Java Bean: 5 years
- Java: 5 years