Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Operations Engineering Team Overview
The Operations Engineering team is embedded within the Construction organization. The dynamic team is comprised of a diverse group with unique backgrounds in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Supply Chain, Consulting, and Construction. The team takes a cross functional approach to solve some of the most complex challenges facing Katerra. The OE Team supports the Katerra enterprise with a focus on construction operations. The team works collaboratively across all functions (Product Development, R&D, Design, Engineering, Sourcing, Manufacturing etc.) to continuously improve the end to end Katerra value chain.
Intern/Co-op - Industrial Engineer
The intern/coop will focus on both supporting field and back office construction operations as well as interfacing with research and development team for implementing advanced technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in lean manufacturing principles as well as a desire to work in a field environment. The candidate must display a basic aptitude in Excel, and project management. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, the ability to see a business needs, and champion projects with minimal supervision. The candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
We are seeking candidates for both single semester work and multi-semester (Co-Op) rotations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-develop new processes covering all areas of the construction process including material handling, installation methods, productivity assessments and the commissioning and implementation of new tools and techniques.
- Assist in the implementation of enhanced material flow systems and site layout.
- Support the modeling and development of new products and processes through data collection, analysis, and impact analysis.
- Work with construction leads to develop training material for on-site data collection and tool use.
- Improve construction processes to ensure the highest levels of product quality, process lead-time reductions, and cost savings through the use of lean tools; 6S, Kaizens, Six Sigma, Standard Work, and Total Quality Management applications as applicable.
Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- Minimum sophomore level in a bachelor's degree program or advanced degree at an accredited university
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain or similar
- Proficient using Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of lean principles; Desire to work hand in hand with front line operators on a job site
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Experience with time studies preferred
- Knowledge of construction a plus but not required
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.