The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Information Technology department is seeking an IT Project Specialist, Change Management. Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to.
- Maintains and organizes assigned projects by documenting, analyzing, and ensuring follow-up on all project activities.
- Meets with UMIT teams to ensure follow-up to project related issues.
- Communicates with CM Executive Director, UMIT Communications and Training Managers to schedule events related to assigned projects.
- Communicates with stakeholder to update them on project status.
- Completes special assignments which require collecting, organizing, and analyzing data and producing reports which may be the basis of significant decisions by management.
- Provides direct customer service, interfacing with other departments to identify and resolve challenges.
- Calls back stakeholders, respond to email requests and follow-up pending issues.
- Visits stakeholders in their offices on remote campuses and sites for daily meetings, training and follow up.
- Provides technical expertise and assists stakeholders in problem determination and resolution.
- Communicates with internal team stakeholders and external vendors based on needs.
- Project Meetings – Attends weekly to provide updates and schedule projects.
- Develop and maintain training schedule.
- Ensure materials, equipment, and supplies required for training are ordered, and setup for training activities.
- Enter courses, events, and sessions in the learning management system (ULearn).
- Schedule and manage training equipment (laptops) movement and usage to ensure it is appropriately accounted for in inventory.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs) on Project Planning.
- Conducts workshops, hands-on systems learning, discussion groups, webinars and meetings.
- Assist as needed in coordinating the production of multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials required for delivering effective learning opportunities.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Attends New Products Overview/Training as needed.
- Training Documentation – Produces, updates, disseminates and explains hard and soft copy formats of training documents.
- Conducts classroom training as needed.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology, or related field required.
- Minimum one (1) years related experience in coordinating and supporting IT business processes.
- Knowledge of project management techniques desirable.
- Originality and initiative are important as well as the ability to work under unusual or extreme pressures.
- Experience in prioritization of multiple projects and project components in order to ensure optimum value, alignment, and balance.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!