A rapidly growing national litigation law firm is seeking an enthusiastic paralegal to join our Lexington office. Conveniently located just inside New Circle Road allowing quick access to downtown Lexington and other parts of the city. We are eagerly seeking candidates that have excellent communication skills, problem-solvers, and a willingness to take ownership of their job. Flexibility and excellent organization skills are key in our fast-paced environment.
- Preparation of legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, discovery requests, open records requests, FOIA requests and non-party requests.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
- Prepare subpoenas and make arrangements for service.
- Assist in all aspects of discovery and manages document production process.
- Ability to summarize employment records, medical chronologies, and non-party responses.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Positive attitude and ability to effectively communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with performing research tasks using web-based legal research services.
- 2+ years paralegal experience in a law firm.
- Civil litigation experience required.
- Knowledge of IManage and Outlook is a plus.
- Paralegal certificate from ABA approved program required.
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- HSA and FSA plan options available
- Generous PTO policy
- 401K plan including an Employer Safe Harbor contribution of 3%
- 1.5% Profit Sharing contribution
- Firm paid life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Year-end bonuses and referral fee programs
- Free parking
- Regular firmwide socials and events
- Positive firm culture
Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP (FMG) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees by maintaining a workplace free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law. FMG’s complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- litigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules