(Westlake Village, CA)
Located in Westlake Village, CA, VS Media has been in business since 1996 specializing in highly interactive, high-traffic, live video chat websites. Team members constantly face unique challenges that make it fun to come to work every day!
Please note that while our offices look more like those of a tech company, our core product caters to the adult entertainment industry. Please take a look at http://www.flirt4free.com to make sure you’re comfortable with the nature of the industry. While adult content will not be a part of a typical day, it is important that candidates be comfortable working within the industry.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Responsibilities will include:
- 3+ years of Linux Administration experience
- Comfortable with the Linux or UNIX CLI
- Well versed in Linux administration and best practices
- Experience with Chef automated configuration management
- General understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc…)
- General understanding of TCP/IP and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc…)
- Hands-on provisioning of services, monitoring, upgrading hardware and software, configuration management, and understanding and maintaining peripheral services and software
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of problems and user requests through an established trouble ticketing system.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Regular visits to our primary datacenter in El Segundo, CA
401k with Employer Match – Health Insurance – Dental & Vision Insurance – Monthly Bonus Program
Details of benefits will be made available during interview. Health insurance is provided with a small employee contribution.
Please provide your resume, cover letter addressing your experience and your salary requirements. Any submissions without these items will not be considered. As this is a full-time in-house position, we are unable to consider off-shore or telecommuting candidates.