It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and excellent customer service.
Weekly Hours: 40
Status: Full Time
The Front Office Clerk performs administrative duties including but not limited to typing correspondence and reports, filing, sorting and delivering mail, processing incoming and outgoing faxes, answering phones, scheduling appointments, making appointment reminder calls, processing Televox reports, processing medical records requests, ordering of supplies, diagnostic test scheduling, processing of incoming transcribed reports, registering patients, performing check out tasks for patients, checking charts for accuracy, collecting patient demographic and insurance information, collecting co-pays and other payments, accurate cash reconciliation and reporting, preparation of daily deposit, completion of patient forms (such as FMLA/Disability) and maintaining office equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. The Front Office Clerk will be expected to perform any administrative task needed to ensure the front office is efficient and work is processed timely.The Front Office Clerk may also be responsible for working the missing charges reports. This may include obtaining patient referrals and precertifications, scheduling of outpatient testing and/or procedures. The Front Office Clerk may also be asked to room patients, as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Exhibits the highest level of customer service, through friendly and professional behavior.
2. Holds in confidence all matters concerning patients.
3. Files and maintains all patient records accurately.
4. Proper handling/distribution of mail.
5. Acts as information center. Has knowledge of both practice and hospital departments in regards to operating hours, policies and procedures.
6. Orders office supplies, including copier, computer, printer, and fax machine supplies.
7. Types and distributes correspondence as needed.
8. Responsible for patient check-in, check-out and/or scheduling appointments.
9. Answering phones and addressing patient needs. Taking descriptive and accurate telephone messages.
10. Responsible for properly distributing faxes, reports and correspondence to appropriate location.
11. Responsible for diagnostic test scheduling including proper documentation of actions.
12. Responsible for accurate registering and updating all patient demographics and insurance into the billing system.
13. Collection of all co-pays, co-insurance and/or previous balances on accounts.
14. Reconciles monthly/daily payment posting reports with billing system.
15. Knowledgeable of current insurance plans accepted by practice.
16. Reconciles monthly/daily charge entry reports with billing system.
17. Reconciles missing charges.
18. Completes all necessary patient care referrals, pre-authorizations and/or pre-certifications for testing and medication (as instructed by the Manager).
19. Accurately reviews and processes incoming transcription reports.
20. Responsible for maintenance of patient medical records and processing of medical record distribution requests.
21. Responsible for completion of patient forms including FMLA and Disability.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. High School diploma or equivalent preferred
2. Computer Skills required
3. Medical Terminology required
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!