For over 100 years, West Suburban Medical Center has supported generations of families in the Oak Park and surrounding areas. Our kind, caring hospital staff have a passion to heal and make a difference in our community. We understand that our employees are the heart of our facility. If you are looking for a family atmosphere, a company committed to professional growth and a culture that embraces our five core values of Quality. Innovation. Service. Integrity. Transparency.
We offer a competitive benefits package including competitive salary, 401(k) savings plan, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time-off program, Tuition reimbursement, etc.
The RN incorporates the characteristics of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with the organization’s and the nursing division policies, procedures and standards of care. The RN coordinates family involvement in the assessment/treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegate’s tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
- Assesses each patient’s biophysical, psychosocial, environment, spiritual, cultural, self-care, educational and discharge planning based on age and development status.
- Utilizes the caring behaviors of empathy, active listening and cultural sensitivity and supports patient dignity.
- Develops and prioritizes an outcome directed plan of care to assigned patients and changes as necessary.
- Performs clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within scope of the State Nurse Practice.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modified the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
- Reviews the plan of care and consults with the physician and other health care providers to adjust the plan to assure optimum patient outcomes within the scheduled timeframe.
- ASN/BSN degree from an accredited nursing program. BSN is preferred, not required.
- RN license in state of Illinois
- Preference for 2+ years of specialty experience
- BLS/ACLS certification is required.
West Suburban Medical Center and Pipeline Health Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.