Seeking qualified legal counsel to manage all Legal and Regulatory aspects of Picarro's Science, Energy and Semiconductor business verticals. You will manage global legal compliance in all areas of the Company, offer counsel on general legal issues, and facilitate business strategies development for existing and new growth sales verticals. The successful candidate will be able to work cross-functionally with all areas of the company to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice for contract drafting and negotiation in connection with business development and commercial agreements
- Work with VP Finance to create internal contracts processes and manage continuous development of contracts processes.
- Work cross functionally to ensure contract compliance obligations are met
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, customers and suppliers)
- Oversee and provide support to the Executive Team and Board of Directors in the areas of public disclosures, applicable law, corporate governance and policies, oversight responsibilities, and executive compensation
- Advise on data privacy, licensing, and intellectual property matters.
- Manage various legal compliance requirements across multiple states and countries, as needed
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Advice on equity plan administration
- Manage outside counsel and corporate legal budget
- 7-10 years proven general counsel experience in business environment
- Experience in Public Utility or Government sector
- Overall broad legal knowledge (Corporate law, contracts, regulatory, employment, patents)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, with the ability to think strategically and balance business needs with legal risks
- First class written, interpersonal and communication skills
- J.D. degree required
Picarro, Inc. is the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas and optical stable isotope instruments, which are used in a wide variety of scientific and industrial applications, including: atmospheric science, air quality, greenhouse gas measurements, gas leak detection, food safety, hydrology, ecology and more. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. Picarro's products are based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) technology. Picarro's solutions are unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and reliability.
Honors awarded the Company include the World Economic Forum Technology Innovation Pioneer, IHS CERA Energy Innovation Pioneer, the U.S. Department of Energy Small Business of the Year, the TiE50 Winner and the Red Herring Global 100 Winner.
Key investors include Benchmark Capital Partners, Greylock Management Corporation, Duff, Ackerman & Goodrich, Stanford University, Focus Ventures, Mingxin China Growth Ltd., NTT Finance and Weston Presidio Capital.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.