San Francisco, CA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Read more about our values ( https://www.coinbase.com/mission ) and culture ( https://blog.coinbase.com/culture-at-coinbase-fe510fe9c098 ) here.
We are looking for an exceptional corporate paralegal to be a key teammate to the legal corporate team and help support the company across a broad set of corporate matters affecting the world's most trusted digital currency business. You will have the opportunity to work directly on a variety of corporate governance, entity management and legal operations matters.
What you'll be doing (ie. job duties):
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Manage our contract management system, entity management system and board portal.
- Manage domestic state qualifications and annual reports for certain Coinbase entities.
- Coordinate internal director and officer signatures on various domestic state filings, international filings and corporate documents.
- Assist with the management of our electronic billing system and communication to various law firms on billing matters.
- Track and assign incoming correspondence received by the legal team to appropriate department members.
- Coordinate requests received by the legal corporate team from various departments within the company.
- Maintain corporate records.
- Assist with various projects that may arise.
Nice to haves:
- Significant experience as a corporate paralegal, either at a major law firm or in-house.
- At least two years of demonstrated responsibility for and success with:
- overseeing global company contract management and entity management systems
- board of directors communications and recordkeeping for complex global corporate structure
- direct communications with clients
- Exceptional professional judgment, ideally exercised in a startup environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Highly skilled in corporate subsidiary management and corporate governance.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.
- Highest level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- A self-starter with enthusiasm, who can work independently with minimal oversight on certain projects but who is also a team player and can support on projects when needed.
- Ability to process highly confidential data and maintain discretion.
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Drive, Gmail, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Familiar with SpringCM, SimpleLegal, Shareworks, Diligent Entities, Diligent Board and Slack or other related software systems.
- California notary certification.
- Experience with technology companies (ideally Fintech) whether as clients while at a law firm or as an employer.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available here: Ireland/EU ( https://static-assets.coinbase.com/privacy_notice_and_consent_for_new_applicants_coinbase_ireland.pdf ),United Kingdom ( https://static-assets.coinbase.com/privacy_notice_and_consent_for_new_applicants_CB_payments.pdf ), andCalifornia ( https://static-assets.coinbase.com/notice_at_collection_to_applicants_residing_in_california_CCPA.pdf ). By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.