Exxel Pacific is seeking individuals who above all else desire joining, and being a key member of, an industry leading and dynamic company that is genuinely focused on its family of employees who, through working collaboratively together, create a thriving TEAM oriented culture.
As a member of the Exxel TEAM, the Estimator is responsible for generating cost estimates and bid summaries for largely commercial and mixed-use projects. Responsibilities include analyzing plan specifications, creating cost documentation, interacting often with vendors and subcontractors, and overall generating an accurate cost summary.
- Review and evaluate plans, specifications, consultant reports, project requirements, and other bid documents.
- Perform take-offs / quantity surveys from the plans; including but not limited to: Earthwork, Concrete, Structural Steel and Lumber. Determine quantities of materials required by type.
- Evaluate labor requirements for select tasks.
- Determine the equipment required to perform the project.
- Prepare in-house bid packages for subcontractor and supplier bid solicitations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors to obtain proposals and maintain relationships.
- Identify new subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors. Steer them through the prequalification process.
- Analyze proposals and bids and prepare bid summaries comparing the bids.
- Assemble estimates from conceptual level through GMP under the supervision of the Chief or Senior Estimator.
- Communicate with Owners, Owner’s Representatives, Architects or Consultants to clarify items to be included in the estimate, ensure understanding of the scope of work, and answer questions.
- Assist in the “preconstruction” process by preparing Alternates and Value Engineering suggestions to improve the project.
- Assist in the collection and recording of historical data. Utilize historical data to assist in accurate estimating.
- Assist the Superintendent by determining required subcontractor durations and communicating schedule requirements to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Communicate and work with the assigned construction project team to facilitate project hand-out and post-bid buy-out of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Utilize available estimating / construction software to improve accuracy, productivity, and documentation of estimates.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Construction Management or affiliated degree such as Architecture or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years experience in construction management. Preferably as an Estimator for large scale, commercial, mixed-use and/or multi-family projects
- Ability to fluently read and interpret construction design documents including but not limited to Architectural, Structural and Civil plans and project specifications.
- Possess a strong knowledge base of all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems and ability to estimate costs for all divisions.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use basic construction software, spreadsheets, online plan rooms, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Must know or be able to quickly learn On Screen Takeoff (OST) and Bluebeam. Experience with Viewpoint, Microsoft Project, and Primavera P6 is beneficial.
Exxel Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)