Our Surgical Service teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. As a Lead Surgical Tech First Assist, you will work directly with the surgeon in the operating room. You may scrub and assist the physician during procedures. You will utilize a variety of clinical and leadership skills to educate, consult and facilitate the service line team in achieving the highest quality of patient care. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity.
Your responsibilities and tasks may include:
- You will assist before during and after surgical procedures - providing retraction, manipulation of tissues, homeostasis and other functions to ensure good visualization of the surgical field and optimal results for the patient.
- You may perform ligation and approximation of tissues, clamp and electrocautery application.
- You may assist in the preparation of patients, positioning and the application of casts, immobilizers or tourniquets.
- You may apply surgical dressings and drainage and you might even close wounds for the surgeon.
- You may assist the RN in technical functions related to patient care in the OR.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP program and the State of Florida Surgical Assistant Program, a Medical School Graduate or an allied health professional with 2250 hours of surgical rotation.
- Current certification having completed 350 cases and 2 years of experience in the last 4 years
- BLS approves by American Heart Association
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds and routinely carry 50 pounds
HCA Florida Oak Hill Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!