We are seeking passionate, energetic, and committed people to join our growing team! As a Registered Behavior Technician, you will teach our clients essential behaviors and skills they need to adapt and thrive in any environment.
Not yet an RBT? That’s okay - we’ll train you to become one and pay you while you’re learning! Employment with Therapeutic Pathways, Inc. is a highly rewarding way to gain valuable experience working in the field of applied behavior analysis.
For over 20 years, Therapeutic Pathways has provided Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Services to people with autism in Northern California. We are guided by our mission to improve the lives of everyone we server through state-of-the-art behavior analytic treatment and research.
While the incumbent is an employee of Therapeutic Pathways, Inc., this position is assigned to work in The Behavior Center (TBC).
- Conduct intensive center-based behavior and language therapy with individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or other developmental disabilities.
- Record data
- Present learning opportunities (SDs) in discrete trial format
- Provide repetitious models of appropriate play and language
- Set up opportunities for spontaneous language
- Implement client specific behavior and reinforcement systems
- Fill out team notes and communication logs daily
- Communicate to Clinical Assistant (CA)/Clinical Supervisor (CS) any novel behavior, questions or concerns regarding client.
- Always maintain confidentiality in regards to clients and their families
- Attend staff meetings
- Provide input at staff meetings
- Inform CA/CS of any questions or concerns you may have
- Review and confirm scheduled time
- Gather all of client’s belongings and put in cubby or backpack
- Sanitize materials and work area
- Follow Attendance Policy regarding absences and/or tardiness
- Protect client materials and documents, by following HIPAA guidelines and Therapeutic Pathways’ confidentiality standards
- Adhere to Therapeutic Pathways dress code
- Follow the rules and regulations of Therapeutic Pathways
· May be required to work or complete a scheduled shift at The Kendall Center
· Other duties as assigned
- Become a Registered Behavior Technician as certified by the BACB within 90 days of employment
- 18 years or older
- Possess High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Complete a criminal background check and TB test
- Have reliable transportation
- Pass Hiring Requirement Competency
- Pass Beginning Minimum Competency
- Perform physical abilities requirement (see attached list)
- Be eager to learn and respond positively to feedback
- Be professional, motivated and energetic
- Willing to work with children, adolescents, and adults who are aggressive, engage in self-injury, or engage in property destruction.
- Willing to conduct treatment when all sessions are recorded (video and audio) to ensure client and staff safety and to inform changes to client behavior plans.
- Willing to drive to sessions up to 30 miles from Dublin.
- Be a current Registered Behavior Technician as certified by the BACB
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities, including individuals with severe or challenging behaviors
- Completed at least 6 units of coursework in applied behavior analysis or one year of experience in related field
- Strong communication skills, including communication with coworkers, supervisors, other professionals, and family members of clients served
- Strong behavior management skills including experience implementing behavior management protocols
- Experience with data collection
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with others in a team setting
We provide our staff with:
- Competitive starting wages with performance-based incentives
- Paid on-the-job training to become a Registered Behavior Technician
- Paid application, exam, and renewal fees
- Ongoing supervision to keep up your certification
- Annual certification renewal
- Part time positions available with opportunities for full time
- Paid vacation accrual
- Paid sick time
- Paid drive time and mileage
- Ongoing training and development
- Opportunities for advancement
Therapeutic Pathways, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
I understand that if I am offered a position that will have or likely may have direct contact with minor students, Therapeutic Pathways, Inc., in compliance with the requirements of California law and federal law, shall obtain a criminal history record check and the offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt by Therapeutic Pathways, Inc. of clearance from both the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I also understand that Therapeutic Pathways, Inc. requests subsequent arrest notice service from the California Department of Justice.
Location: 5601 Arnold Rd Suite 100, Dublin, CA 94568
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.50 - $24.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin, CA 94568: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Applied behavior analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location