- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
- 10+ years of relevant network implementation and program management experience
Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. In addition to our global infrastructure, we also build, deploy, scale, and operate private cloud regions for our government customers.
As our government cloud regions continue to grow, we are looking for a Network Technical Progam Manager to own, execute, and deliver on our network build, deployment, scaling, and availability projects at a large scale programmatic level. The pace, scale, and growth of Amazon’s data center network environment and platforms will challenge you technically and process wise. Our uncompromisingly high standards and rapid innovation on behalf of our customers will push you to new levels of creativity. So, if you are customer obsessed, and are looking for a fun and challenging environment, we would love to hear from you. You will be part of a highly technical matrix team that spans multiple functions and organizations. This is a strategic and high impact role for AWS's end to end network infrastructure serving our government customers.
. Own and deliver multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
. Manage a large portfolio of projects, create structure and process around the ingestion, management and reporting of these projects.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
. Develop strategic and tactical execution plans and schedules utilizing a work backwards approach.
. Interact with engineers, technicians, program managers, and senior management on a daily basis.
. Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
. Own and run effective escalations to remove blockers.
. Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
This position requires that the candidate selected obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Position may be located in either Herndon, VA 20170 or Seattle, WA 98101. Relocation assistance would be offered (pending qualification guidelines).
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
- 15 years of experience leading in the delivery of large, complex, and technical network programs.
- Deep expertise in networking technologies and data centers.
- Solid understanding of IP network design, routing protocols, standards, and best practices.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics.
- Proven ability to not only influence but lead business partners and supporting teams.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity.
- Ability to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to define program goals, roadmaps, metrics, and reports based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
**For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.**
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual open house: