Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Weekdays with Occasional Weekends
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period:
Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
Performs transition processes including medical record review, physical assessments, and assist with insurance authorizations. Cultivates relationships with physicians, nurse managers, discharge planners, other community agencies and internal facility programs to support referrals. Effectively promotes the rehabilitation program and services provided by LRHS to a variety of present and potential stakeholders to develop and maintain a solid referral base. Provides community , healthcare provider, and family education to promote awareness of rehab services. Participates in the coordination of special events to increase community awareness. Monitors stakeholder satisfaction and assists in the analysis of data to identify areas for improvement and develop recommendations to address concerns. Collaborates with Bannasch Care Coodinator (Pod Mayor) to coordinate care delivered to rehab patients.
- Standard Work Duties: Bannasch Admissions Coordinator
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, medical and clinical staff, payers, service providers, and community agencies.
- Cultivates relationships with physicians, nurse managers, discharge planners, other community agencies and internal facility programs to support referrals.
- Performs timely, accurate assessments of potential rehabilitation patients both within LRHS and at external facilities via physical assessment or medical record review and effectively communicates findings to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Participates in completion of documentation required for admission to Bannasch Institute.
- Participates in the marketing of rehabilitation unit services with internal and external audiences, including formal an informal education on inpatient rehabilitation criteria and clinical appropriateness of patient.
- Assists with tracking of patient admissions and denials, and associated reasons for denials.
- Works with Bannasch Leadership to manage information on LRMC and market demographics; unit access and care standards, qualifications and admissions process, and services description
- Maintains patient comfort, confidentiality, privacy, and ethical decision-making; adheres to HIPAA standards.
- Collaborates with Bannasch Care Coordinator (Pod Mayor) to coordinate care delivered to rehab patients.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high initiative, flexibility, and ability to multi-task. Thrives in fast-paced environment.
Qualifications & Experience
* Associate Degree
* Bachelor Degree
Education Equivalent Experience:
* Minimum of Associates degree in Nursing. Minimum of 1 year experience in rehabilitation healthcare or allied health.
Current RN License