The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for implementing and delivering recruiting strategies in support of organizational staffing objectives. To include but not limited to full employment life-cycle; recruit, screen and onboarding of staff by using creative sourcing and staffing methods.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Source and attract candidates utilizing traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as social media platforms, databases, career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc
2. Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
3. Manages current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
4. Screens candidates resumes and applications, coordinate candidate interview with hiring managers/leadership, administer appropriate assessments, ensure reference/background checking,
5. Deliver employment offers for both exempt and non-exempt position openings and communicates important employment information during said offer (i.e. benefits, compensation, non-competition agreements, etc).
6. Onboard new employees to included but not limited to conducting and processing pre-employment screening, new hire orientation and ensuring set up in HRIS system.
7. Verify employment eligibility I-9 and E-Verify reporting, criminal backgrounds, validate license/certifications, OIG reporting for new hires.
8. Assist in managing HRIS and working with payroll and timekeeping systems.
9. Maintains application/resume file and retention according to company policy
10. Works in tandem with Employee Engagement Specialist in the full life cycle of employee integration.
11. Prepare and post opening to appropriate job boards for internal and external needs.
12. Implements advertising programs (internal and external) in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
13. Coordinates with Employee Engagement Specialist in internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer of employment status, etc.
14. Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
15. Develops and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external sources and improving the employer brand outside the organization within the community.
16. Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations.
17. Performs multiple administrative and clerical functions to include but not limited to document preparation, correspondence, photocopies, faxes documents, processes and distribute mail and other HR clerical functions
Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by the HR Administrator
Associates Degree preferred or equivalent years of experience; 1-2 years of experience is preferred.