Full-timeEstimated: $68,000 - $94,000 a year
- Word processing
- Project management
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
The System Trainer will support a wide range of system training activities supporting a federal agency (FEMA). The System Trainer will work closely with agency stakeholders on projects supporting users" adoption of the new system and processes through significant, well-coordinated trainings and communications campaigns. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. Our client"s mission is to effectively communicate, train, and evaluate training campaigns designed to ensure optimal adoption and understanding of technical processes. You must be able to work independently with minimal guidance. This position is a hybrid role primarily working remotely, with potential client engagement activities in Washington D.C.
- Develop courseware, writing training materials, delivering training, and setting up and maintaining a computer-training environment, and using customer satisfaction surveys for course evaluation.
- Develop (write, screen capture, edit) training manuals- instructor and participant guides, and user manuals for technical systems.
- Design and produce training tools, such as printable job aids, quick reference guides, and training guides.
- Deliver train-the-trainer and instructor-led training.
- Design and produce eLearning training material.
- Serve as the primary customer representative for development and delivery of customized training solutions and documentation.
- Encourage classroom participation and facilitate change management for target audience.
- Learn and apply customer needs/business knowledge to ensure client satisfaction of delivery outcomes.
- Work with a cross-functional team (developers, testers, analysts, and management).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience, with demonstrated success in strategic communications
- Verifiable experience in system training, material development, and delivery
- Bachelor"s degree
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with standard instructional systems development models, such as ADDIE or Agile design
- Proficiency in the use of file-sharing, word processing software, spreadsheets, databases, and other digital project management tools
- Familiarity with posting information in information sharing platforms - including SharePoint
- Experience supporting instructor-led distance learning to groups of individuals using various platforms (e.g., MS Teams, Zoom for Government, etc.).
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Federal government and/or management consulting experience preferred
- Effective project management skills to create and deliver under tight deadlines
- This position requires candidate to be eligible for a DHS Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment with varying priorities
- Ability to produce professional deliverables using Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (e.g. Moodle) helpful
Job Type: Full-time