Position Title: Business Services Supervisor
Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non-Exempt
Date Revised: May 15, 2018
This position reports to the Associate Manager of Operations – Business Services and supervises reservations, customer care, and dispatch department staff.
This position reports to the Associate Manger of Operations – Business Services and does supervise staff.
- Must have analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication and facilitation skills.
- Highly skilled in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint. Ability to listen to internal/external customers and communicate complex information.
- First point of contact for support for 15 employees consisting of reservationists, dispatchers, and customer care staff. Must be able motivate staff to achieve optimal results.
- Ensure that all departments are fully staffed. Ability to fill in an assist on occasion or as needed. Assist the department by taking reservation phone calls and handle escalated customer calls.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in order to successfully complete outlined responsibilities.
- Oversee the Dispatch Unit and Call Center to ensure Key Performance Indicator Metrics are met such as hold time, abandon rate, calls per hours.
- Listen to Dispatch/CSR calls to identify trends such as complaints and no shows to increase customer satisfaction. Provide effective feedback to develop training programs or procedures to improve customer experience.
- Monitor queue and track inbound/outbound calls for agency and by employee. Keep agents aware of inbound calls, calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Be available to affect entirety of the team's operations to effectively build call center culture. The supervisor is responsible for "on-the-floor" activities, and must be available to assist agents while they are "on-the-floor".
- Motivate and encourage agents through positive communication and feedback.
- Schedule team meetings and one on one meetings with staff. Provide ongoing coaching and development of staff.
- Coach staff in all aspect of job related duties. Provide training when applicable.
- Report all incidents and accidents involving drivers, clients or staff to Operation Supervisors and other appropriate management staff by email, phone and/or in person.
- Follow up on complaint investigative activities. Phone customers to resolve issues. Provide details to customer care and Associate Manager of Operations when necessary.
- Work with Operation Supervisors to investigate/resolve customer complaints.
- Retrieve fares from the safe daily and oversee the daily reconciliation of driver fares.
- Collaborate with Finance Department to ensure daily reconciliation of fares.
- Work with ADA Department regarding interview rides, expired clients, new clients and clients utilizing other service providers.
- Attend ADA Rider Forum meeting and community outreach events.
- Act as the point of contact for Routematch regarding any system errors, performance issues and updates in conjunction with Associate Manager of Operations – Business Services.
- Serve as a member of the Appeals Committee for Certifications and Suspensions.
- Must be able to work independently, exercise good judgment, and to request assistance where appropriate.
- Must be flexible to meet department needs related to work shifts as we operate seven days a week, including holidays, and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Department.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 2 years
- Customer Service: 5 years
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: