If you can demonstrate a positive attitude, an energetic spirit and show us how you thrive on being a team player then this could be great job for you. A love of the outdoors is very common among our employees and retail experience is preferred.
Successful candidates will be able to:
Replenish merchandise on the sales floor and manage back of house inventory. Prep product to floor ready standards with proper folding stickers packaging.Maintain a clean organized work space and assist with the daily upkeep/recycling efforts. Partner with leadership to adhere to the organization and flow of designated work stations in the Back of House to support inventory control/accuracy.
So, come for the discount and stay for the season. We may be able to offer some year round positions based on performance and business need.
Early morning hours:
L.L.Bean offers competitive wages, additional pay if working on a holiday, access to 401(k) program, as well as a significant (20-33.3%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Oversees stock flow from back of house to front of house. Primary business owner of the stock room; oversees all functional areas including shipment processing product placement transfers and price changes. Monitors physical inventory accuracy. Drives productivity improvement for all shipment processing product placement and prices change activities.
Serves as a positive role model for others in driving and maintaining high standards in assigned area while ensuring integrity of the brand:
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- May support and train associates communicating standards and processes company policies and procedures
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- May address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in
accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- May provide in-the-moment input feedback and coaching. If performance concerns exist hands off to store management for performance management process.
- Contributes to Peak planning.
Oversees receiving activities under direction of store management:
- Coordinates product flow in an accurate and efficient manner following established guidelines.
- Prepares & communicates daily task responsibilities to staff.
- Manages to allotted budget hours.
- Assures shipments are processed within 48 hours of receipt.
- Assures Back of House mirrors Front of House.
- Works in collaboration with other Leads (Stock & Sales) Store Manager & Assistant Store Manager
to replenish stock fill fixtures & ensure optimal product placement.
- Monitors MOS (marked out of stock).
- Drives process for clearing out product odds & ends.
- Maintains a clean organized and efficient stock room while adhering to standards and safety requirements.
- Key holder as required.
- Coordinates trucking and merchant scheduling between store and OFC/CRC.
- Partners with vendors to facilitate direct shipment of merchandise.
Supports the delivery the customer experience and brand promise within assigned area:
- Encourages delivery of legendary customer service by demonstration the utmost respect and appreciation for customers.
Leads & executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies & procedures.
Health and Safety Requirement:
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
2-Year Associates Degree
Min Years of Experience:
Max Years of Experience:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior relevant retail experience
- Store operations background
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- Independent thinker with a business background
- Excellent organizational time management prioritization & communication skills
- Prior exposure to processes (inventory management merchandising back stock management)
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm motivation and a positive attitude
- Cohesive team spirit
- Product knowledge of relevant retail products
- Systems knowledge & exposure (POS Word Excel AS400)