CACI is currently looking for a Design Thinking Consultant with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
What you’ll get to do:
Serve as an Agile Scrum team member providing software development and maintenance for the delivery of releasable software in short sprint cycles. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of software solutions associated with customer-defined systems and software projects by working in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes.
- Apply an iterative, design thinking process to identify innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Design and deliver customized, engaging, results-oriented interventions and workshops.
- Champion the usage of design thinking principles (ideation, prototyping, testing, and feedback) and tools (journey maps, prototyping tools, etc.) within an enterprise-scale Agile methodology.
- Engage a wide-range of government audiences—from senior leaders to front-line implementers-by evaluating strategic planning output, process improvement, technology adoption and evolution.
- Perform research and convert insights from leading designers, strategists, and technologists into solutions to organizational management challenges.
- Craft compelling stories and visual models to communicate insights and discoveries.
- Communicate with government stakeholders and decision-makers in compelling ways using a variety of visual mediums.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on Human-Centered Design practices and approaches.
You are good at:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Equivalent professional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Professional Experience: at least seven (7) years related technical experience, with software design, development and implementation in a Windows Environment
Bonus would be having:
- Creating training content including templates, graphics, audio/visual materials, activity guides, and other classroom materials
- Updating and maintaining training material to include new products or software
- Collaborating and coordinating with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to help define and create training materials
- Facilitate training sessions onsite, online, or on-demand
- Apply instructional design theory and utilize instructional technology tools to enhance learning and ensure that design and delivery are consistent with identified learning goals/objectives
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of training development tools to support process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Design Thinking certifications such as those offered through IDEO, Stanford, Cornell, MIT or a host of other organizations.
- Advanced understanding of Lean processes, and Agile principles.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.