The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for all business to business order management and bid activities including accurate transaction, bid coordination, order entry, logistics, building product and customer knowledge, and ensuring on-time invoice follow through. This role will collaborate closely with other functions including Supply Chain, Sales, Master Data, and Cargill Transportation and Logistics. They will also be responsible for monitoring all daily reports as well as running other ad hoc reports as necessary. The Customer Service Representative will use best practices to make decisions that create a superior customer experience at the best cost for the business.
45% Order Management and bid management where applicable:
Process customers’ bids and orders accurately and efficiently that are received via omni channels. Work with internal functions to ensure product availability and on-time delivery. Collaborate with customers to build behaviors that meet order guidelines (minimum pallet quantities, lead time, etc.). Ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Utilize communication and language skills to provide a superior customer experience.
35% Relationship Management:
Provide daily interaction and information sharing with customers to ensure satisfaction of our products and services. Collaborate with appropriate functional partners to ensure flawless execution of the customer and brand promise. Engage in communications and problem resolution and provide adequate documentation and follow-up. Make decisions that support superior service at best cost. Identify the source of an issue and analyze the information to provide a solution that prevents future occurrences. Partner with a senior customer service representative to escalate more complex issues.
15% Tactical Expertise:
Execute daily reporting to ensure on-time shipment and inventory accuracy. Manage EDI transactions. Maintain customers’ portals to support the order process. Monitor on-line ecommerce site and adjust orders as necessary.
5% Miscellaneous job duties as required.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Associate’s degree OR 5 years of customer contact center experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Business to Business customer service, supply chain, transportation or sales
- Working experience with Microsoft office suite
- Able and willing to work extended hours as needed (potential weekends and holidays) to support the ongoing needs of a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to travel less than 5%
Abilities / Success Factors
- Experience with problem solving and implementing solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with ability to effectively communicate and partner with multiple levels of the organization
- Strong active listening skills
- Demonstrated customer focused track record
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate critical customer situations using strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment while acting with a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to work/make decisions independently
- Position requires business acumen including knowledge of functional integration and customer and business limitations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and accountabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Cross functional business knowledge
- Process Orientation
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Knowledge of Cargill products, services, customer base and industry in relevant product line(s).
- Experience working with virtual teams
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Supply Chain Management
Primary Location US-OH-North Olmsted
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job