At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Facilities & Construction Manager is responsible for managing our various construction projects and assignments as well as facilities vendor partnerships and requests. The role is responsible for supporting our footprint growth and reliability of our stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Prepares agendas, develops and maintains master project budgets and timelines as required for each project and project phase to ensure overall project objectives and client needs are met. Keeps building management apprised of progress at all times
- Assists in the selection and contracting process of vendors and construction teams as necessary for each project
- Observes corporate, building, and client/owner policies and procedures
- Maintains high qualitative and quantitative standards of work performance
- Reviews requisitions, change orders and other invoices associated with the project
- Works as a part of the collaborative Development Team
- Carries out responsibilities in a professional, courteous manner at all times
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Resolve & coordinate minor property management issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate, Project Management or Business Administration preferred
- 5+ years of experience, experience in leasing, construction, engineering and facets of property operation and building management
- Experience in construction and/or facilities work for multiple sites
- Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints
- Excellent client relations, client management, and consultation skills required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills with attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and work well under pressure in a fast paced
- Self- starter with ability to adapt and interact professionally with all levels of management.
- Strong ability to self-manage.
- Occasional Travel
- This position may be based out of either our Sarasota, FL or Jersey City, NJ locations
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.