Do you see yourself as an Engineering Supervisor? What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for supervising a shift project, or aspect of maintenance/engineering operations which may include scheduling employees, assigning daily work and projects, training and coaching employees, and inspecting work for quality and productivity. Spacious 377 rooms in The Crowne Plaza downtown Columbus & 44 Room Individualized suites at The Lofts directly across the valet entrance. Our location at 33 E. Nationwide Blvd. allows our guests multiple options of events and transportation throughout the city. Come join our team today and become a part of a culture that truly values and appreciates each guest experience.
Your day to day
- Follow and enforce procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimizes waste.
- Inspect work assignments to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and within specifications. Monitor performance and recommend and/or initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating, air conditioning (HVAC), ventilation, and water treatment systems, and swimming pool-if applicable, etc.
- Schedule and/or perform preventive maintenance duties as outlined in the Preventative Maintenance Program (e.g. HoliKare, CrowneKare, SuiteKare, etc.).
- Assist in educating/training employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets. Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
- May serve as Manager of Duty as required.
What we need from you
Some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel maintenance and supervisory experience preferred. Professional certification and license if required by law.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields. Level 3 EPA Certification, HVAC and refrigeration certificate, licensed plumber and/or journeyman status for electrician and carpenter may be required.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read equipment repair manuals.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.