Job Requisition ID: 12024
Across the Northeast Region (particularly Hartford, CT)
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a full time opportunity. The availability of work varies from month-to-month and is on an as-needed basis. This contingent position is paid by a third party payrolling vendor while the Consultant is providing services for HMH to HMH clients.
We are looking for current/former leaders in education, located in the Northeast Region, with experience in teaching K-12 Mathematics to provide professional development services as well as continued support to districts via coaching.
Math Solutions Consultants promotes the academic integrity of Math Solutions' work in districts and schools across the country. Math Solutions Consultants provides and supports customers by providing the highest quality professional learning; addresses customer needs; represents Math Solutions with clients and other consultants; promotes products and resources; and remains current on educational issues.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Collaborate with Directors of Professional Learning and clients to prepare for delivery of high quality professional learning
- Utilize established communication protocol with Director of Professional Learning and other appropriate team members
- Prepare using clearly defined processes, procedures, and protocols for successful implementation
- Delivery of Services
- Prepare to deliver services addressing client’s needs and adhering to the agreed upon services, approaches and content
- Recommend new development or materials needs to the Content Development Team
- Review evaluations from courses and recommend improvements to the DPL and Content Development team as appropriate
- Promote Math Solutions resources and professional learning options at sites and report leads to Sale team and Directors of Professional Learning
- Team Collaboration
- Collaborate with other consultants to prepare for delivery of services responding to questions and trouble-shooting when needed
- Complete and submit administrative work in a timely fashion, including expense reports, documentation, and updates as needed
- Follow and help identify appropriate procedures as needed
- Self- Study within provided training materials
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic understanding of school district technology environments and product deployment for program focused projects
- Have a command of the English language verbally and in writing
- Be a life-long learner and strive to increase knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate excellent instructional practices in courses, in coaching, and in working with leaders
- Demonstrate a professional cross-organizational, team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Model team-building skills
- Adhere to company ethical aspirations and credo
- Practice flexible innovative approaches to problem solving in challenging situations
- Demonstrate high-level communication skills that facilitate coherence across all partner organizations
- Convey deep understanding of pedagogy and the current standards instructional shifts
- Build internal and external relationships that foster credibility and trust
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and develop a command of all cross-organizational offerings, including professional learning opportunities, related services, and associated up-selling opportunities
- Create and deliver high-level specialized presentations
- Minimum 4 year college degree
- A minimum of 5 years prior teaching experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience coaching and/or mentoring teachers and leaders
- Prior Math Solutions professional learning experience preferred
- English/Spanish Bilingual experience preferred
- EL experience preferred
*This is a home-based role with varying hours on a part-time/intermittent basis.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and as well as work independently
- Must be available year-round for during the day, varying hours assignments with some overnights possible
- Ability to travel up to 60%. Preferably lives in a major city allowing for reasonable travel times via commercial airline
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in order to carry product and presentation materials
**This is a part-time, intermittent opportunity and those hired will be W-2 employees of a third party payrolling vendor.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Nearest Major Market: