Hello, and thank you for considering Meadowbrook Care Center for your application. We are a long term care and rehabilitation center in Cincinnati (Montgomery), OH. We have been serving our residents, families and the community since 1978! We are top workplace by the Cincinnati Enquirer for 9 consecutive years. Meadowbrook Care Center embraces a holistic and faith based approach to healthcare; addressing the needs of the resident through the mind, body, and spirit.
The HOUSEKEEPING & Laundry ASSISTANT performs day-to-day housekeeping & laundry services ensuring a clean, attractive facility in accordance with all laws, regulations and MCC standards. Reports to Housekeeping / Laundry Coordinator.
- Works throughout facility (i.e., resident rooms, therapy rooms, dietary, offices).
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Involved with residents, associates, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions and circumstances.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, associates, etc.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and in other positions temporarily as necessary.
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day.
- Possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing environmental services functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must be willing to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to implement the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the environmental services department.
PHYSICAL and SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
(with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and transfer a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
Job Type: Full-time