The IS team is looking for two energetic paid interns who can work a flexible schedule of 40 hours during the Summer. The internship may be extended upon completion.
The positions are as Advanced Analytics interns that will contribute in the development of advanced analytics strategy and implementation in marketing, sales, and supply chain.
- Contribute in defining business cases where advanced analytics can be used in manufacturing, marketing, sales, and supply chain
- Participate in developing advanced analytics strategy for manufacturing, marketing, sales, and supply chain defined business cases
- Utilize R Studio or Python to utilize different analytic models that address advanced analytics strategies to be developed
- Assist in selecting best performing analytic models to address the analytics strategies
- Implement top performing analytics strategies in R or Python
- Document work into an internal white paper
- Work with supervisor to write research paper on project
- Additional projects and responsibilities associated with advanced analytics may be assigned during internship
- Location: Cary, NC
- Hours per week: 40
- GPA of 3.2 or better
- Must be currently enrolled in University and work in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering fields or equivalent
- Knowledge in finance will be an asset
- Concentrations preferred: Currently pursuing graduate degree or PhD in Software Engineering, Data Analytics, Machine Learning, Statistics or similar domain
- Previous experience in data analysis
- Software technology savvy, creativity and forward thinking
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Self-Starter, creative, and innovative
- Knowledge in Software Engineering, Computer Science, software, or related disciplines
- R Studio, Python, programming knowledge
- Knowledge on databases and data models and SQL programming
- Knowledge or background in Finance are an asset
- Organization and attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit Corporate Function Information Systems
Date posted 2019-03-14
Job Function Information Technology
Publication ID US67991968_E2