FirstService Residential is seeking a Rental Community Association Manager for a Section 8 Rental property in North Miami. This candidate must have Section 8 experience in Multi-Family Rental Apartments or Community.
The Property Manager will manage and coordinate all rental functions of the property by facilitating the optimum performance in areas such as personnel management, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancement, information reporting and compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. Strong management and customer service skills required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners' best interest in accordance with Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on a timely basis (i.e. rent rolls, delinquency reports, move in/move outs, etc.).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective action.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with state and company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, reconcile petty cash, and all funds.
- Maintain occupancy and rent revenues in accordance with budget.
- Meet or exceed NOI budget
- Income (excl. capex) not to be less than 5% budget
- Expenses not to exceed 5% of budget
- Delinquency expected to close at 2% monthly
Leasing and Marketing
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents. Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Create yearly marketing plan for the assigned community and coordinate completion of the marketing plan.
- Coordinate weekly outreach marketing.
- Schedule monthly visits to area businesses to create co-vending relationships to improve resident retention and also marketing information for new move-ins.
- Shop assigned community comps on a monthly basis.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Prepare and /or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to software system accurately on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis.
- Maintain records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submit required reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e. criminal activity on a community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Resolve tenant complaints and issues.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e. bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel to achieve operational goals of the assigned community.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Provide comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Document appropriately, communicate with Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e. performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Ensure leasing staff maintains closing ratio of 40% (with consideration of availability)
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on a timely basis. This requires daily community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Direct staff to follow "safety first" principle.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance is an imperative job function. Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Employee must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business or related field from a four year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience in Property Management, Multifamily
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Community Manager; will consider 3 years of supervisory experience in a customer service related field with appropriate certifications.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Must possess strong management, interpersonal, analytical, organizational and customer service principles and practices
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi
- Effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects and residents.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Present self in a neat, clean, and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
Tools & Equipment Used
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs; Standing, sitting, walking and occasional climbing. The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time. Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. On-call 24/7. Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement. Driving when necessary. Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Possible travel of up to 25%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- What is the salary range you are targeting?
- Rental Property Management: 1 year (Required)
- Section 8 rental: 1 year (Required)