Research Associate (Plant Biology)
Looking for a Research Associate to start immediately for a local start-up Biotechnology company in collaboration with Penn State Harrisburg, Central Pennsylvania Research and Teaching Laboratory for Biofuels.
Qualifications and Desired expertise
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in a life sciences discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years industry experience in laboratory and greenhouse managing transgenic plants
- Experience preparing stock solutions, tissue culture media, plant transformation, molecular analysis of transgenic plants
- Molecular Biology experience - DNA, RNA, protein extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, qRT-PCR, Southern Blot, etc.
- Hands-on experience generating and/or analyzing omics data sets
- Experience with microbial cell culture and Biosafety Level 2 organisms
- Experience with writing manuscripts and grants
- Strong communication skills and knowledge of basic computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send a detailed resume with a list of three references to Dr. Sairam Rudrabhatla, Director of the Central Pennsylvania Research and Teaching Laboratory for Biofuels.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Molecular Biology research: 1 year
Required work authorization: