Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. Our team works with the many AWS teams to solve security challenges at massive scale. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and big data analysis.
Our team is looking for highly intelligent software engineering professionals to join us and help us continue to raise the security bar for cloud computing. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about delivering results. We do not desire to simply produce good software here at AWS Security... we want to produce disruptive, history changing innovations. You do not need a security background but the should be passionate about solving challenging hurdles in innovative ways.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, security, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success.
This job is located in Herndon, VA.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
- Minimum of five years experience working with Linux operating system development
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Strong knowledge of web and networking protocols
- Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems.
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
- A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.