Food Services/General Kitchen
Cascade Public Schools
Head Cook/Kitchen Supervisor
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
UNIVERSAL OBLIGATIONS/EXPECTATIONS OF EACH STAFF MEMBER
It is the expectation of the District that each staff member will: (1) put the safety, health and well-being of students at the forefront of all actions, job responsibilities and decisions, and (2) undertake all duties in alignment with the District’s Strategic Plan.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assists in the preparation and serving of all food in the cafeteria.
- Responsible for head cook duties in the absence of the head cook.
- Assists in cleaning the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Assists in the disposal and storage of unused food.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience with quantity food preparation and service.
- Ability to write, read, and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, and the community.
- Able to express himself/herself clearly and concisely in both oral and written communications.
- Able to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
Calculator, cash register, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/voice mail, oven, dishwasher, and other kitchen equipment.
The employee constantly works around others, works with the public, and works inside. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud. The employee has a greater than average risk of getting a minor injury such as a cut or burn while performing the duties of this job. The employee occasionally will be working in temperatures about 100 degrees and will be walking on slippery surfaces.
The employee is frequently required to walk and continuously required to stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and waist while performing the duties of this position. The employee will occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, depth perception, and peripheral vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely performs routine work. The employee exercises flexibility (ability to shift from one task to another). Guidance and reinforcement are infrequently available. The employee frequently works within time constraints and must maintain attentiveness intensity. The employee is frequently involved in social interactions which require oral and written communication. Memory, reasoning, and exercising judgment are constantly used/required on the job. Mathematics, estimating, and problem solving are frequently used/required on the job.
The physical demands, work-environment characteristics, and mental/motor demands described within this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations shall be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For those classified employees employed under a written contract for a specified term, nothing contained in this job description shall create a property right beyond the specified duration of the employment contract.
Email To A Friend