Play a critical role in marketing and product development by joining Anchor Industries Inc., a family owned business and a market leader that manufacturer’s tents, large fabric structures, safety pool covers, and awnings that are distinguished in the marketplace. Visit our web site at: www.anchorinc.com to learn more about our 125 year history of success at our Evansville, Indiana location.
Manage marketing communication campaigns for multiple fabric product divisions and lead the development of a sound product management methodology that builds on the mission and vision of Anchor. Conduct the necessary internal and external research to make well-reasoned decisions about product direction and marketing strategy. Build the foundation for a market segmentation strategy and value propositions for multiple lines. Invest the necessary personal effort to make sure the marketing work product and organizational initiatives are achieved within the required time, budget, and quality standards. Ensure the development of direct mailings, magazine ads, newspaper ads, point of purchase materials, web sites and other projects. Manage processes that include initial brainstorming and conceptualization, graphic design and layout, copywriting, complete pre-press production and proofing.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or related field. Minimum ten (10) years of marketing and product management experience (assessing market and branding needs, managing product life cycles, and targeted marketing campaigns). Must have previous experience managing a marketing department budget.
Preferred Education/Experience: Two (2) years of supervisory experience and a master’s degree in marketing or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Progress toward the goal of being a world-class operation that effectively supports the Vision of Anchor Industries Inc.
- Perform a variety of management responsibilities including but not limited to: supervision of two Marketing Coordinators, annual planning and budget preparation, management of day to day operations of the department, and assist department heads with the marketing/advertising aspect of their departmental budget.
- Collaborate with Sales to develop marketing plans for multiple major product divisions.
- Investigate and understand Anchor’s existing products and product decision process.
- Investigate and understand the needs and purchase drivers of our customers through various means of research including direct customer interviews.
- Use the results of investigation to segment Anchor’s market into logical categories with similar buying characteristics.
- Utilize appropriate resources for managing market segments, product attributes, and competitive information in a manner that can be consistently applied in the future by Anchor’s marketing function.
- Develop tools and a methodology to ensure the proper questions are asked and answered with documentation in the product management process.
- Advance the methodology used to consistently evaluate how well Anchor products (and competitor’s products) deliver on the attributes customers use to make purchase decisions and to allow for meaningful comparisons.
- Develop a format and methodology for capturing competitive information from the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with outside vendors.
- Provide customers with artwork, graphics, copywriting and finished promotional materials for the promotion of Anchor products.
- Write and distribute timely status reports that update management regarding all marketing and product management initiatives and activities.
- Writing and delivering press releases and corporate profiles.
- Manage corporate websites including reviewing and analyzing Google Analytics.
- Oversee and furnish and design graphics, booths and promotional literature for tradeshow exhibits.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, documents and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from Managers, Customers and Co-workers. Skill and ability to meet people and listen. Good communication skills are mandatory.
Specific Technical and Soft job skills required:
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, model Anchor’s core values, and get results through others.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to discern patterns and relationships in abstract and incomplete data and develop useful models for using that data for decision making.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex and unfamiliar concepts to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to promote team work, train, and coach with confidence and finesse.
- Strong collaboration skills with all levels of employees to promote understanding and solve problems.
- Advanced ability to interact with internal and external customers with relevant experience in eliciting information in a professional and effective manner.
- Familiarity with the processes, terminology and issues involved in product manufacturing.
- Promotes excellence by managing and coordinating specific deliverables, overall program and project plans, budgets, structures, schedules, and staffing requirements.
- Ability to apply LEAN principles to measure and continuously improve work output.
- Advanced ability to develop or critique print and web designs.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).
Relationship and Roles:
This position reports directly to the President and will supervise two Marketing Coordinators. Interacts with all levels of Anchor employees, outside vendors, customers and others as needed.
Travel Requirements: Limited international and domestic travel is required
- Competitive base pay and other incentives.
- Health Insurance with discounted rates for participating in our wellness program.
- No cost care and medications at our on-site health clinic.
- Dental & Vision insurance available at multiple different coverage levels.
- 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching funds.
- Life insurance provided at no cost.
- Flexible Spending Benefits Plan.
- In your first year earn 6 days of Paid Time Off available for use after just 3 months.
- Enjoy holiday pay.
- Free Short Term Disability Plan.
- Long Term Disability Insurance plan.
- Family owned with a balanced work / family focus.
- Gratifying LEAN manufacturing work environment.
EOE M/F/D/V A/A
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 10 years
- supervisory: 2 years