This position is eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus with one year of experience
We are seeking a Surgical Technician. As a Surgical or Operating Room Tech, you greet our patients, comfort them and transport them to the surgical suite. Once in the operating room, you will perform technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for our surgical patients. You will join an amazing team of caring, close knit surgical professionals!
Typical duties may include:
- You will assemble supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- You will prepare sterile instrument table for your procedures.
- You will assist in positioning patients and preparing patient’s skin for surgery.
- You will maintain sterile techniques and actively monitor situations that could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- During procedures, you will assist the surgical team. This may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- During procedures you will also assist in the monitoring the patient.
- After the procedure, you will gather equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Graduate of an approved surgical technologist program required.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required. (CAAHEP, NCCT, NBSTSA)
- BLS Required (American Heart or American Red Cross)
- Hospital based Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
HCA Florida Englewood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!