Our Client, a Tribe in Minnesota, has an immediate need for a highly accomplished and skilled Director of Finance who would report to the General Manager at the Tribe's gaming facility, Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel.
JOB TITLE: Finance Director
REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUPERVISES: Count Team, Cage, Warehouse, Accounting, Audit Operational Compliance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the development and establishment of policies, systems, and procedures in order to assure the effectiveness of financial planning, reporting, management and controls.
- Develop and manage staff to provide support in all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and monitor all financial management and accounting systems, manual and computerized, to satisfy reporting requirements, including cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheet, budgeting, forecasting, lodge and retail accounting, etc.
- Analyze financial data, trends, forecasts, etc. and recommend appropriate action.
- Manage the materials management function, including purchasing, receiving, warehousing and internal distribution.
- Monitor all operations for opportunities for improvement of procedures, controls, profitability, etc.
- Investigate questionable occurrences to assure protection of assets and adequacy of controls.
- Assure organization is adequately prepared to meet timelines for all internal and external audits.
- Assure regulatory compliance with TICS, IRS, and State Compact requirements.
- Lead finance team in accomplishing department and organizational goals.
- Analyze proposals to assure adherence to business strategy and return-on-investment criteria.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five years experience in a gaming finance management position, preferably in a Native American casino.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge base of finance, accounting and compliance requirements of gaming industry.
- Ability to advise management regarding financial reporting and control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong policy writing skills.
- Conversant in accounting, gaming, and retail systems.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
- Ability to work long hours as business demands.
- Present oneself as a credit to Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel at all times, and encourage others to do the same.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Normal mobility throughout the facility.
As an employee of Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel, you may not offer, solicit or otherwise enter into any agreement or transaction for personal use or advancement with any vendor or potential vendor. There can be no conflict of interest between yourself and vendors or potential vendors.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position in its current state, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergency situations, rush jobs, personnel changes, increased workload, technical developments, etc.).
PHYSICAL MOVEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Lifting: < 5%
- Pushing / Pulling: < 5% Approximate Weight: < 5 lbs.
- Gripping / Grasping: < 5%
- Standing: 5-25%
- Sitting: 26-50%
- Bending / Crouching: < 5%
- Climbing: < 5%
- Kneeling / Squatting: < 5%
- Reaching: < 5%
- Twisting: < 5%
- Walking: 5-25%
- Other - Computer: 26-50%
- Indoors / Outdoors
- Fumes / Odors / Smoke
- Eye / Hand Coordination
- Wrist / Arm Movement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $92,000.00 /year
- gaming finance management: 5 years (Required)