We are an LA-based Public Relations firm specializing in fine art. We work with artists of every genre to bring exposure to their work, exhibitions, and stories to the media. Storytelling is at the core of what we do, and we’re looking for storytellers who know how to build captivating, meaningful narratives for a variety of needs.
While media placement is a top focus for each artist’s campaign, we also work towards gallery relations, exhibition curation, digital and social media development, and more. We have placed clients in a wide range of local, national and international media venues including: Time, Newsweek, The Today Show, 60 Minutes, CBS This Morning, CBS Evening News, People, US, Entertainment Tonight, Vogue, Fox News, USA Today, CNN, MSNBC, 20/20, Oprah, The London Times, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Rolling Stone, the Huffington Post and others. Unlike advertising or direct marketing, public relations, specifically media relations, offers artists the validation and credibility of being featured as a news story.
You will be working closely with our Editorial Director to gather hands-on experience, including editing, researching quality publications and journalists, participating in brainstorming sessions, keeping up with the art world at large, and finding that narrative thread we’re always looking to pull to get the media’s attention.
This is a three month, part-time, UNPAID internship (can be used for school credit). A basic knowledge of art is required. Proficiency in writing, comprehension, and editing is an absolute must. We are flexible when it comes to your schedule but require attendance of at least two in-house meetings and 20 hours of work (some of which can be completed remotely).
Below are some responsibilities & qualifications we are looking for.
- Attend at least two to three meetings a week with the team
- A commitment of 20 hours of work a week (5 of which can be completed remotely)
- Develop story angles and conduct preliminary media outreach
- Research media contacts and create strategic media lists
- Contribute actively in brainstorms for PR campaigns, activities, and events
- Monitor and compile news coverage
- Send emails and make calls
- Assist in creating and managing social media content (*if you have professional social media experience, please let us know*)
- Strong writing and editing skills (*English or Writing degree strongly preferred*)
- Social media savvy and ability to work well with a team.
- Ability to think outside of the box and brainstorm creative ideas
- Energetic, reliable self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Able and willing to change directions at a given moment
We know how to balance having fun and working hard, so you can expect good company while walking away with valuable knowledge. We are looking to fill internship spots over the next two weeks.
If there’s a fit for this internship we will respond to set up an interview. Thank you!
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour