- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, similar technology degrees or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a security engineering or architecture role.
- Minimum of two years in a previous role that included executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
AWS IT Security Corporate Infrastructure is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale. We are looking for Security Engineers who are ready to take on a front-line role in addressing security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal tools to address them.
AWS is looking for Security Engineers to ensure that our infrastructure operates to the highest standards required to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing, engineering, and architecting system services, custom services, COTS products, operating systems, networks, infrastructure applications, and you are skilled at investigating security issues and new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to work alongside world-class talent in solving complex and far-reaching problems. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Security Engineering and Architecture activities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work in tandem with internal Amazon and AWS service teams to improve internal and external services.
- Respond to related security consultations and inquiries.
- Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices.
- Attend internal and external training regarding security engineering and architecture.
- Support large-scale security incident investigations, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses.
- Design and create new service architectures along with internal and external service teams.
- Build and Operate security-related services for internal customers.
- Develop and mentor other security engineers.
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and delivery.
- MS in Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, similar technology degress, or 10+ years’ equivalent experience.
- Proven experience with security architecture, system architecture, threat modeling, incident handling/response, reverse engineering, malware analysis, adversary methodologies, and/or threat intelligence.
- Comprehension of cryptographic algorithms and practical usage.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux, iOS, JunOS, Android, and/or OS-X process and system monitoring.
- Possess a strong understanding of common enterprise technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of computing security issues and threat vectors.
- Experience with AWS products and services.
- Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and creation of remediation plans.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Please contact Jonathan Dobles - email@example.com for additional details.