Siemens is recruiting a Project Management Office Coordinator to support our Modernization and Upgrades (Mods&Ups) projects in Houston, TX office.
As a PMO Coordinator, candidate will be responsible to create and administer all quality and project related documentation and reviews globally within the Aero-Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) Product line as well as support regions which have fleet of AGT products. The PMO coordinator will be required to facilitate regular project reviews with the PM teams, monitor the project and quality sites and create, manage and release the quality and project (technical or non-technical) related documents to ensure we are compliant to PM@Siemens and AGT quality standards. This role also will be working on continuous improvement initiatives to increase the efficiency of our processes and tools to better support Project Execution teams. This role will report into the Head of Project Management Office within AGT and will be supporting the PMO and Project Quality function simultaneously.
- Facilitates and administrators project related reviews as well as any project documents.
- Develop PM Onboarding plans and “How to Guides” for all current and future employees to follow.
- Maintain and develop a central SharePoint site, with all rules, tools and training information for AGT Project Execution teams.
- Support projects for assigned quality issues and ensure timely resolution, using appropriate tools, and CAPA Co-ordination.
- Maintain and establish processes to ensure that the Project Quality function has procedures and Guidance Documents to support flawless project execution.
- Deliver Quality related reports in a timely manner.
- Manage and ensure correct capture and recording of all documentation for SDRLs, build records, serial numbers, VDRLs and transmittals.
- Documentation Management within the Project Execution team; assessing certification, inspection and test reports for accuracy and completion; compiling Quality Dossiers when required.
- Writes and edits technical documentation for products, processes and/or projects (user manuals, job aids, technical instructions/bulletins etc.).
- Write Operation, Maintenance, and Installation manuals using Adobe Frame Maker using input from discipline engineers, system diagrams, and assembly drawings.
- Researches technical and engineering information, including drawings, design and test specifications, product prototypes, and interviews with subject matter experts, discipline engineers and Project Lead Engineers. Use Engineering Portal or Team center for inclusion of drawings/lists etc. in manuals.
- Pull vendor literature from existing library for inclusion in manual.
- Revise authored manuals by incorporating comments from the engineer review.
- Investigates necessities to localize critical parts of documentations, in order to avoid cultural irritations or to meet legal requirements.
- Completes all phases of document development cycle, including project scope and requirements, documentation design, etc..
- Create illustrations from assembly drawings using Adobe Photoshop.
- Analyze technical data and recommend support solutions (e.g. S1000D Business data exchange rules, Data Module Requirements definition, PLM).
- Manage technical data creation activities within budget to business procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent in an Engineering, Business Administration or Technical Communications
- 5 years’ experience working in Quality, Project Management or technical writing role.
- Ability to interpret large volumes of complex technical data, and a demonstrated competency in a variety of computer based systems.
- Min. experience of Photoshop, IsoDraw Cadd Process (or similar) XML, SGML, HTML structured authoring environments, FrameMaker or equivalent composition software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to interact at all levels, demonstrate initiative
Must be flexible self-starter and able to work with the minimum direction and have the ability to work with a wide range of people (both internal and external to Siemens) and be a team player.
- Have customer focus and experience in a customer facing environment with a proven record of delivering technical solutions and improvements working to processes and procedures.
- This position will require domestic and/or international travel up to 10% of their time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering, Business Administration or Technical Communications
Prior experience within the Siemens Services Mods&Ups or LTP business or equivalent
- Industry recognized Project Management certifications such as PMI PMP
- Knowledge of PM@Siemens
- Experience in the oil & gas or energy industry
- Knowledge of Industrial and/or Aero derivative turbine driven Compressor and Generator package is preferred
- Familiarity with regulations and certification process