Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What Is This Position Is All About:
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for increasing sales by focusing on driving the selling process through developing and managing effective selling teams, creating a service and selling culture that delivers results and ensuring the alignment of the merchandise to local needs and opportunities. The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising is responsible for developing a high performance selling organization; ensuring that all selling associates have clear selling strategies as well as broad product knowledge, and effectively coaching selling managers and associates to achieve selling goals, while ensuring that the customer service experience as delivered by the store team consistently exceeds customer expectations The Assistant General Manager of Merchandising understands that the success of the organization is tied to the quality and performance of the team, and is responsible for developing, motivating and retaining talent in order to drive sales results and maximize store volume.
Who You Are:
You Also Have:
- You are an expert communicator, with the special ability to build strong business relationships beyond your immediate tea
- You have a winning-way about you: you know the end-goal is not to prove you were right, but to help progress the team objectives, empower your partners, and get the business to win
- Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
- You are a real self-starter, clearly self-motivated and can independently maintain your own work-flow to meet all deadlines.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience with luxury retailer or comparable experience.
- Complete mobility required.
As The Assistant General Manager Merchandise – Saks Fifth Avenue You Will:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Drives the Saks clientelling culture through coaching and mentoring Selling Manager team.
- Directly oversees all Selling Managers except FAC.
- Responsible for developing top talent Selling Managers to promotability.
- In partnership with the VP/GM and RSM, acts as the Chief Merchant for the store to ensure the alignment of merchandise to local needs and opportunities.
- Executes the VP/GM’s strategic vision
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental). An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.