Middlesex Health Care Center offers top quality senior living and rehabilitative care. Our staff is devoted to providing our residents with a homelike, safe environment designed to improve their quality of life. As part of Athena Health Care Systems’ continuum of care, residents can happily “age in place” knowing that they don’t have to move as their care needs change. Our staff are highly trained to give residents care at every level.
SHIFT STATUS: Part-time 24 hrs.
As the Dietician you are responsible and accountable to carry out your assigned duties and report directly to the Director of Dining Services.
Every effort has been made to keep your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The position includes any other duties deemed appropriate and assigned by the Administrator.
Must possess as a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics from an accredited college or university, as well as current registration as dietician by the Committee of Dietetic Registration.
A minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility or other related medical facility. Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc., is preferred.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a dietician in this State.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dining service procedures as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines governing dietary functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Dining Service Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of the dining service areas; must perform regular inspections of dietary services areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must be able to read and interpret dietary cost reports, financial data, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous benefits package, which includes paid time off, health, dental, and 401-K. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Registered Dietitian experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (Preferred)