Part-time$11 - $12 an hour
- Customer Service
- Medical Terminology
- Administrative Experience
- Computer Skills
- Computer Literacy
- High School Diploma or GED
Full Job Description
Good Samaritan Health Center of Cobb, a 501(c)3 non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center, opened its doors in 2006 with a mission “to spread the love of Christ by providing quality healthcare to those in need.” The Center was co-founded by Reverend Grant Cole, pastor of Connection Point Church and Dr. Jack Kennedy, Director of Cobb & Douglas Public Health after recognizing that medical bills and unexpected dental emergencies were the root cause of financial hardship, family instability, and diminishing quality of life in the community.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for greeting patients and guests, communicating with departments and scheduling appointments in an efficient manner. Must be able to maintain an organized, efficient and professional environment that allows patients to check-in and check –out in a orderly manner minimizing conflicts. In addition, must maintain a professional composure and cultural sensitivity at all times.
- Reports to the Front Office Manager
- Can fulfill the clinic’s mission to spread the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need while performing their job functions.
- Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides any necessary instructions / directions. Informs appropriate department / person of patient’s arrival.
- Completes necessary paperwork such as encounter forms, demographic and financial intake forms. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing and uses billing software appropriately.
- Updates patient information, collects copays, verifies insurance eligibility, provides any necessary forms needing completion, and obtains signatures as necessary.
- Maintains clean, orderly waiting area
- Answers phones in a professional manner and deals with customer needs expeditiously, screening calls, taking messages, scheduling appointment, and providing information as appropriate.
- Handles charts as necessary for the day’s use and files records efficiently.
- Maintains and updates current information on provider’s schedules, ensuring that patients are scheduled properly. Initiates patient reminder calls 1-2 days prior to scheduled appointments.
- Contributes to maximize providers schedules in an efficient manner.
- Keeps office forms and supplies stocked.
- Build and maintain relationship with volunteers, vendors, and guests of the clinic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides exceptional customer service that respects culturally diverse individuals.
- Assists with new patient registration as needed
- Assists patients in completing registration forms and updates patient data or insurance charges.
- Receives, screens, and processes Proof of Income within 48 hours.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of one year experience in healthcare office setting, experience in customer service and/or electronic health records preferred.Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies / procedures, paperwork.
- Knowledge of how to use office equipment including phone, computer.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
- 50 WPM typing skills preferred
- Skill in using office equipment and handling paperwork / filing adequately.
- Skill in customer service principles by creating a pleasant waiting room atmosphere.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish / maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions. Can file correctly by alphabetic, numeric, or computer systems.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others in a way that supports the Center’s mission to share the love of Christ through quality healthcare to those in need
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively, prioritizing,, coordinating and organizing several tasks at once.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Handling cash
- Invoicing customers
- Generating financial and operational reports
- Reconciling bank and credit accounts
- Processing payments
- Only full-time employees eligible